A couple of spoons of pesto is all you need to make your pasta delicious. Pesto is a classic Italian sauce made with a blend of basil leaves, olive oil, garlic, hard cheese and pine nuts. Low in fiber but high in fat, so use only in limited amount. I used only two spoons of it, to make a healthy pasta.
Just after finishing all my pending tasks when I glanced at the clock, it confirmed that I was past my regular dinner time. I was tired, still not in a mood to eat anything. I had to act fast. So, on the very first night of my extended weekend, I made pesto pasta for dinner along with baked garlic mushrooms. The pasta smelled lovely, filled my kitchen with a natural aroma and gave back all my energy. If you have pesto sauce, then you too can make your pasta just in few minutes. And its great for evening snacking.
200gm fettuccine Pasta
2 tbsp pesto sauce
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp parsley
4 blanched almonds
2 tbsp olive oil
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
salt to taste
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
* Cook the pasta in a pan of water for 7-8 minutes.
* In a blender add garlic cloves, almonds, parsley, 1 tbsp olive oil, black pepper, salt and blend to form a paste.
* Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan.
* Add the paste earlier made and pesto sauce. Heat for few minutes.
* Then add pasta, mix well and cook for few minutes. Do take care not to overheat it.
* Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and lemon wedges.
* Serve hot with Baked Garlic Mushrooms.
Note: As the ribbons of fettuccine pasta have a tendency to catch and stick together, add butter or olive oil for lubrication