Simple & Healthy Pesto Pasta

A couple of spoons of pesto is all you need to make your pasta delicious. Pesto is a classic Italian sauce made with a blend of basil leaves, olive oil, garlic, hard cheese and pine nuts. Low in fiber but high in fat, so use only in limited amount. I used only two spoons of it, to make a healthy pasta.

Just after finishing all my pending tasks when I glanced at the clock, it confirmed that I was past my regular dinner time. I was tired, still not in a mood to eat anything. I had to act fast. So, on the very first night of my extended weekend, I made pesto pasta for dinner along with baked garlic mushrooms. The pasta smelled lovely, filled my kitchen with a natural aroma and gave back all my energy. If you have pesto sauce, then you too can make your pasta just in few minutes. And its great for evening snacking.



Ingredients

200gm fettuccine Pasta
2 tbsp pesto sauce
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp parsley
4 blanched almonds
2 tbsp olive oil
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
salt to taste
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated

Method

* Cook the pasta in a pan of water for 7-8 minutes.
* In a blender add garlic cloves, almonds, parsley, 1 tbsp olive oil, black pepper, salt and blend to form a paste.
* Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan.
* Add the paste earlier made and pesto sauce. Heat for few minutes.
* Then add pasta, mix well and cook for few minutes. Do take care not to overheat it.
* Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and lemon wedges.
* Serve hot with Baked Garlic Mushrooms.

Note: As the ribbons of fettuccine pasta have a tendency to catch and stick together, add butter or olive oil for lubrication

16 comments:

Parita on August 19, 2009 at 4:56 AM said...

Ooo the pasta looks delicious! I love the way you click pics, pls share some of your secrets of photography...

Purva Desai on August 19, 2009 at 6:30 AM said...

Thanks for dropping by........u ve a lovely blog....
Pasta looks saucy and yummilicious

Megan on August 19, 2009 at 6:34 AM said...

I like the note: Lub your pasta! LOL Throw in a handful of pine nuts and you have my dinner. Tasty!

Barbara Bakes on August 19, 2009 at 6:39 AM said...

Great picture - looks delicious! I love how fast and easy this came together!

Home Cooked Oriya Food on August 19, 2009 at 7:48 AM said...

Looks so great! Love it...
I am glad I discovered your blog - very yummy dishes...

ann low on August 19, 2009 at 7:56 AM said...

WOW! So healthy and Yummy:D

Dewi on August 19, 2009 at 8:03 AM said...

I love pesto, yours sounds really unique using almond instead of pine nuts.

Indian Khana on August 19, 2009 at 8:48 AM said...

I loved it....looks delicious...nice click

chow and chatter on August 19, 2009 at 10:52 AM said...

great pesto lovely blog, will follow Rebecca

Rosa's Yummy Yums on August 19, 2009 at 11:49 AM said...

Simple, but so tasty and refined!

Cheers,

Rosa

Dips on August 19, 2009 at 3:16 PM said...

Looks good ! Im a big fan of easy to cook pasta myself..

Simones Kitchen on August 19, 2009 at 11:51 PM said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I agree that there are only a few things that can rival a good pesto! It's a fantastic sauce and so quick for creating a meal too. Love your pasta/pesto!

Pooja on August 20, 2009 at 2:14 AM said...

hmmm lovely and yummy !

skoraq cooks on August 20, 2009 at 3:34 AM said...

I love such simple and delicious recipes like your pesto. Lovely.

Esi on August 20, 2009 at 5:40 PM said...

I love mixing pesto into pasta. So easy and delicious.

buy rift platinum on July 3, 2011 at 8:14 PM said...

Great! super love this one..looks definitely delicious.=)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Followers

Cooking Pleasures Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template