Heat is on. Summer is here in full swing. And I am back after a pretty long hiatus, finally settled in a new place and enjoying doing nothing. Sometimes just being at homes is a joy in itself and all of a sudden we get to know that there is so much to do. So taking time I am sorting my new home, making it home. With all the movement, cooking was hit too. Slowly things are getting into shape. And this delicious mango sorbet is a result one of my those first efforts. More will follow thats a promise.
Eat it chilled and you will instantly feel refreshed. The mango flavor and aroma will make you fell on top of the world. The recipe is also so easy and can be made few hours before serving. Kids especially love this exotic mango sorbet. Its just that you have to take care in making the sorbet slushy by chilling it then mixing it again and again.
2 large mangoes, peeled and pureed
1 tablespoon ginger, grated
5 tbsp sugar
juice of 1 lemon
rind of 2 lemons
1 mango chopped
* In a pan simmer water along with ginger and sugar for about 10 minutes.
* Remove from flame and let it cool.
* Add lemon juice and lemon rind along with mango pulp to this sugar syrup. Stir well.
* Freeze this mixture in a freezerproof container till it thickens.
* Remove from the freezer and in blend it in a mixer till all the rice crystals are broken.
* Freeze the mixture again. Do this 2-3 times.
* Before serving, remove the sorbet from the freezer to the refrigerator and let it there for about 15-20 minutes.
* Using icecream scoops serve the mango sorbet in precooled glass bowls along with fresh mango slices.