Strawberry Pie Dessert - Welcoming The Summer

Strawberry, strawberry and strawberry everywhere be it cosmetics or desserts, even shakes. I just love the flavor and smell of fresh strawberries. Every time I find something of that flavor or smell, I just but that product. Few days back, luckily I got a pound of fresh ripe strawberries from the local grocery shop. I can't tell how happy I was.

The other day was Valentine's Day. So time to celebrate love. And to make my love feel special, I deiced on ordering his favorite food. The time I saved from cooking the meal, I used it in making the dessert. After all the saying goes like - All's well that ends well.

Strawberries helped me in pleasing his taste buds, as I made a romantic Strawberry Pie. Romantic being the day of love and as its wonderful aroma and flavor set the mood. I tried making my first tart or crust. And the filling was all love. These days you can get the crust from food shops too and the dessert will be ready in minutes.


Ingredients

For Crust

1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, cut into small cubes
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

For Filling


1 bar cream cheese (softened)
1/4 cup sugar
3-4 cup strawberries, hulled and halved
3 tbsp corn starch

Makes 8 servings

Method

* Blend flour, butter, sugar, and salt until moist crumbs form in a food processor for around a minute.
* Transfer the dough to a 9-inch round tart pan with a removable bottom.
* With floured fingers, press dough evenly into pan and up sides. Dip a dry-measuring cup in flour, and use it to press dough firmly into bottom and against sides of pan.
* Freeze crust until firm for about 10 to 15 minutes.
* Preheat oven to 350°
* Using a fork, prick crust all over. Bake until golden, 25 to 30 minutes, pressing down gently once or twice with a spoon during baking if crust puffs up. Cool completely in pan.
* For making the filling, in a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth; spread mixture evenly in bottom of baked crust (still in tart pan).
* Chop half of the strawberries and place them into a saute pan
* Add one cup of sugar combined with three tablespoons of corn starch.
* Cook strawberries and sugar/cornstarch on medium heat.
* Using a whisk, crush strawberries as they soften and continue cooking on low heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
* Take the other half of the strawberries and into the sauce prepared.
* Pour the strawberry pie filling into your perfectly baked crust.
* Chill the pie for about 2 hours.




Note: To prevent the delicate crust from breaking, leave it in the pan while assembling and chilling tart. Remove the tart from mold tart just before serving.

20 comments:

ann low on February 18, 2010 at 7:43 AM said...

Yes strawberries everywhere. Love the way you present this beautiful dessert. I love it!

Priya Suresh on February 18, 2010 at 8:25 AM said...

Such an eyecatching pie, awesome clicks..

Unknown on February 18, 2010 at 9:57 AM said...

Another awesome dessert from you.

Erica|UPrinting on February 18, 2010 at 4:37 PM said...

This looks delicious! thanks for sharing your recipe. I so love strawberries! specially in my yogurt. Yummy!

Home Cooked Oriya Food on February 18, 2010 at 6:42 PM said...

awesome dessert.
you have done an amazing job...

notyet100 on February 18, 2010 at 7:43 PM said...

this looks so tempting,..:-)

Sanghi on February 18, 2010 at 9:13 PM said...

Yummmy pie dear! Looks great!

Ash on February 18, 2010 at 11:26 PM said...

My all time favorite was apple pie, now that u have posted this yummy looking strawberry pie, I think I am in for a change of flavor..... :-)

Looks YUMMY!!!!

Ash...
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Anjum on February 19, 2010 at 5:17 AM said...

...Love strawberries.Looks awesome..

My Peace Of Food on February 19, 2010 at 5:59 AM said...

Um, delish! You have me salivating.

Parita on February 19, 2010 at 7:48 AM said...

Wow thats divine !! Love the gorgeous red color!

Padhu Sankar on February 21, 2010 at 11:40 PM said...

Wow They looks so beautiful!
http://padhuskitchen.blogspot.com/

M D on February 22, 2010 at 4:45 AM said...

Hi, coming to your blog for the first time. I like your blog for simple ingredients and good recipes. Nice blog!

ARUNA on February 22, 2010 at 7:52 AM said...

That's a lovely pie!

Deepa G Joshi on February 22, 2010 at 9:36 AM said...

wow, such beautiful pie..love the clicks..simple delicious..

Victor | UPrinting on March 1, 2010 at 10:19 PM said...

I love strawberries and I love eating with cream and sugar! :-) The recipe looks tasty however I have not worked on my skills in crust making. So guess I'll still need help from a kitchen expert...my mom

Shanthi Krishnakumar on March 9, 2010 at 5:53 AM said...

Delicious and mouthwatering. Congrats on being deatured in ECs blog. Do visit my blog when time permits. http://shanthisthaligai.blogspot.com/

Trendsetters on March 9, 2010 at 7:52 AM said...

going to try this recipe..lovely

freespirit on November 18, 2010 at 1:31 AM said...

I must say I am highly impressed Bhabhi ! ;)

concrete polishing on July 10, 2011 at 9:03 PM said...

it's good for the dessert .. thanks a lot for the recipe ..

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Followers

Cooking Pleasures Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template