Almond Milk - A Beauty Drink

Childhood memories are so beautiful. Just thinking about those times gives so much of happiness. I wish I could be a small girl again and indulge myself in the natural pleasures of doing small things. Without a care in the world I could imagine things, create, play, laugh, smile and cry. But not anymore.

Almond Milk is a special part of my childhood memories. When I was a small girl, my mother used to make me almond milk because of its varied benefits. I used to have it before sleeping. Still whenever I am home, she makes it. In those growing years I used to hate milk both plain or with any of the mixes. But I loved warm almond milk. And still do, specially in winters.

Full of health and beauty benefits, you could use almonds to make face scrub or moisturizer to soften your skin and prevent aging. Drinking warm almond milk before you go to bed would improve your sleep. For growing children it helps in increasing energy levels and memory. Almonds are an incredible nutritional resource.




Ingredients

10 almonds (blanched and chopped)
4-5 cup milk
pinch of cardamom powder
pinch of nutmeg powder
3-4 tbsp sugar
few saffron strands

Method

* Boil milk in a thick bottomed pan.
* Add sugar and almonds and lower the heat. Keep on stirring till the water evaporates and somewhat thicker consistency is achieved.
* Just before removing from heat, add cardamom and nutmeg powder. Stir and boil for further 2-3 minutes.
* Serve hot in glasses garnished with saffron strands.
* If you want it cold in summers, then chill it for few hours.

19 comments:

Donna-FFW on August 20, 2009 at 4:58 AM said...

Such nice memories this drink provides you. It sounds absolutely delicious!

ann low on August 20, 2009 at 6:06 AM said...

We normally boil almond powder with soya bean milk and sugar.

Cheeky Kitchen on August 20, 2009 at 10:17 AM said...

Saffron and cardamom? I've made almond milk before but NEVER with such delights. It seems I've been missing out my whole life and will have to whip us a batch post haste.

THANKS for the beautiful recipe!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful your blog is !!! I love it !!! The Almond Milk sounds Fantastic... My little girl might like it too...Thanks so much for the recipe.

Padma on August 20, 2009 at 7:38 PM said...

This is one drink that tastes good both bot or cold... looks yumm :)

Unknown on August 20, 2009 at 8:18 PM said...

Nice & delicious one.

chow and chatter on August 20, 2009 at 8:18 PM said...

this sounds wonderful

Parita on August 21, 2009 at 12:33 AM said...

We used to get this as prasadam in our temple, love it

Priya Suresh on August 21, 2009 at 1:34 AM said...

Definitely a beautiful drink!

Rosa's Yummy Yums on August 21, 2009 at 4:43 AM said...

That is one wonderful drink! Delicious!

Cheers,

Rosa

OohLookBel on August 21, 2009 at 5:18 AM said...

Almond milk is one of my favourite things. Thanks for showing us your recipe!

Indian Khana on August 21, 2009 at 5:27 AM said...

Wow what a lovely pic...looks delicious

Parita on August 21, 2009 at 8:36 AM said...

You have been tagged, pls visit my blog and accept it :)

Shaheen on August 22, 2009 at 7:30 AM said...

I love almond milk.

Home Cooked Oriya Food on August 23, 2009 at 8:11 PM said...

Nice one...

Mallory Elise on August 23, 2009 at 9:01 PM said...

imagine things, create, play, laugh, smile and cry---ah, i know you still can, we just make a time. i like to think that time is blog time :P

Purva Desai on August 24, 2009 at 4:48 AM said...

Nice soothing milk......best for nice relaxing sleep

Blackswan on August 24, 2009 at 5:17 PM said...

Found u @ Foodbuzz. Thks for sharing this simple, yet wonderful drink! Do check out my recipes @ http://luxuryhaven.blogspot.com. Looking fwd to sharing!

Jo on April 14, 2011 at 11:39 PM said...

Yummy! Thanks for the recipe it seems to be really delicious and healthy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Followers

Cooking Pleasures Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template