Childhood memories are so beautiful. Just thinking about those times gives so much of happiness. I wish I could be a small girl again and indulge myself in the natural pleasures of doing small things. Without a care in the world I could imagine things, create, play, laugh, smile and cry. But not anymore.
Almond Milk is a special part of my childhood memories. When I was a small girl, my mother used to make me almond milk because of its varied benefits. I used to have it before sleeping. Still whenever I am home, she makes it. In those growing years I used to hate milk both plain or with any of the mixes. But I loved warm almond milk. And still do, specially in winters.
Full of health and beauty benefits, you could use almonds to make face scrub or moisturizer to soften your skin and prevent aging. Drinking warm almond milk before you go to bed would improve your sleep. For growing children it helps in increasing energy levels and memory. Almonds are an incredible nutritional resource.
10 almonds (blanched and chopped)
4-5 cup milk
pinch of cardamom powder
pinch of nutmeg powder
3-4 tbsp sugar
few saffron strands
* Boil milk in a thick bottomed pan.
* Add sugar and almonds and lower the heat. Keep on stirring till the water evaporates and somewhat thicker consistency is achieved.
* Just before removing from heat, add cardamom and nutmeg powder. Stir and boil for further 2-3 minutes.
* Serve hot in glasses garnished with saffron strands.
* If you want it cold in summers, then chill it for few hours.