Weekends are a great way to relax and to hangout with old friends. From the last many weekends I have been relaxing. So this weekend I chose to invite two of our friends, in fact my husband's. But over a period of time I have gelled with the husband and wife so well that it seems we have been friends from years. For a lovely couple like this, with whom I and my husband really love to spend our time, I had to take utmost care in preparing the food to their likes.
After lingering on a lot many dishes, I decided on the menu. Then started for the preparations. I checked on the ingredients. Most of them were there. What were not, I sent hubby dear to pick them from the market. Good music, engrossing chit chats and the warmth of old friends is the quintessential core of perfect entertaining on a superb weekend. And hence, finalizing the menu is not just the end of the worries for the host. Setting the table comes next with deciding on the cutlery, dinnerware and the decor.
Initially I was a bit skeptical about the dishes I chose. But the dinner was delightful, and the conversations we shared from movies to our daily woes over fresh was simply exceptional. I was glad that they enjoyed each of the dishes. It started with garlic vegetable soup followed by pesto pasta and baked garlic mushrooms. Ended with the drooling chocolate mousse. I preferred to make everything quick and light so that I have time to chat with them and not get tied in the kitchen.
4 cup skimmed milk
1½ cup water for china grass
10 grams unflavored china grass (chopped)
2 tbsp sweetener (sugar free)
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp low fat milk for cocoa powder
2 tsp coffee powder
2 tbsp warm water for coffee powder
2 tbsp low fat cream
* In a pan combine china grass with water and cook on low heat till it is dissolved, stirring from time to time.
* Strain with a strainer and let it cool.
* Dissolve cocoa powder in 2 tbsp milk and coffee powder in 2 tbsp water, separately.
* Boil milk in a pan.
* Add the china grass mixture, sweetener, cocoa powder paste, coffee powder paste. Mix well and cook over a low flame for around 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
* Remove from heat and let it cool for few minutes.
* Add the cream and mix well.
* Pour the mixture into small cups or bowls.
* Chill them for 4 to 5 hours.
* Garnish with chocolate sprinkles. Serve chilled.