Low Calorie Chocolate Mousse For A Perfect Summer Dinner

Weekends are a great way to relax and to hangout with old friends. From the last many weekends I have been relaxing. So this weekend I chose to invite two of our friends, in fact my husband's. But over a period of time I have gelled with the husband and wife so well that it seems we have been friends from years. For a lovely couple like this, with whom I and my husband really love to spend our time, I had to take utmost care in preparing the food to their likes.

After lingering on a lot many dishes, I decided on the menu. Then started for the preparations. I checked on the ingredients. Most of them were there. What were not, I sent hubby dear to pick them from the market. Good music, engrossing chit chats and the warmth of old friends is the quintessential core of perfect entertaining on a superb weekend. And hence, finalizing the menu is not just the end of the worries for the host. Setting the table comes next with deciding on the cutlery, dinnerware and the decor.

Initially I was a bit skeptical about the dishes I chose. But the dinner was delightful, and the conversations we shared from movies to our daily woes over fresh was simply exceptional. I was glad that they enjoyed each of the dishes. It started with garlic vegetable soup followed by pesto pasta and baked garlic mushrooms. Ended with the drooling chocolate mousse. I preferred to make everything quick and light so that I have time to chat with them and not get tied in the kitchen.




Ingredients

4 cup skimmed milk
1½ cup water for china grass
10 grams unflavored china grass (chopped)
2 tbsp sweetener (sugar free)
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp low fat milk for cocoa powder
2 tsp coffee powder
2 tbsp warm water for coffee powder
2 tbsp low fat cream

Method

* In a pan combine china grass with water and cook on low heat till it is dissolved, stirring from time to time.
* Strain with a strainer and let it cool.
* Dissolve cocoa powder in 2 tbsp milk and coffee powder in 2 tbsp water, separately.
* Boil milk in a pan.
* Add the china grass mixture, sweetener, cocoa powder paste, coffee powder paste. Mix well and cook over a low flame for around 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
* Remove from heat and let it cool for few minutes.
* Add the cream and mix well.
* Pour the mixture into small cups or bowls.
* Chill them for 4 to 5 hours.
* Garnish with chocolate sprinkles. Serve chilled.

16 comments:

CC11 on August 31, 2009 at 5:00 AM said...

That is such a beautiful photo. Looks yummy too.

chow and chatter on August 31, 2009 at 5:01 AM said...

oh this is a great recipe, tell me a bit more about chia grass, pleased you had fun Rebecca

Lavanya Raj on August 31, 2009 at 5:25 AM said...

Mousse Looks Great! Nice Pic!

Finally I collected my award! Thanks!

I have an AWARD for you. Kindly Check my blog.

http://homecookreceipes.blogspot.com/2009/08/awards-and-meme.html

Anonymous said...

Looks Gorgeous ! ( i'm begining to think that's your 'trademark')
...and even more appealing is that it is a low cal version!

Priya Suresh on August 31, 2009 at 5:32 AM said...

Wow fantastic, marvellous really outstanding low calorie chocolate mousse..yumm!

Parita on August 31, 2009 at 6:39 AM said...

Mousse looks sinfully delicious! i too love to make quick dishes when i have guests visiting dont like to get tied up in the kitchen all the time especially when you are hosting alone

Palidor on August 31, 2009 at 8:49 AM said...

The dinner menu sounds great, and the chocolate mousse looks really delicious!

ann low on August 31, 2009 at 9:20 AM said...

Great pictures :D
What is China grass?

Unknown on August 31, 2009 at 4:06 PM said...

Very tempting picture...will I get china grass here in grocery store?? Is it some kind of gelatin??

Jennifer on August 31, 2009 at 5:44 PM said...

Hello I am a diabetic and would love to make this but I havd no idea what China Grass is? jdunkin823@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

This is definately something i'll need to try! Finding a good low cal choc mousse is pretty much impossible! Looks amazing :)

Rosa's Yummy Yums on September 1, 2009 at 1:04 AM said...

It looks wonderful! A great recipe.

I love your picture!

Cheers,

Rosa

Home Cooked Oriya Food on September 1, 2009 at 4:24 AM said...

Heavenly picture...
I love chocolate in everything...

Sushma Mallya on September 1, 2009 at 8:31 AM said...

Thats really a lovely pic...looks yummy too,,,u got a nice blog...

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family on September 1, 2009 at 2:04 PM said...

Beautiful pic, blog and recipe! It looks so delicious. We will have to try it soon. Having not ever used China grass, this should be fun!

Hannah

Unknown on September 2, 2009 at 9:30 AM said...

OMG! just love this recipe and pic too will sure try this weekend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Followers

Cooking Pleasures Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template