It is a misconception that eating snacks leads to weight gain. If you eat healthy snacks, then there is a benefit of it. Evening snack will prevent you from feeling too hungry at dinner and overeating. You will prefer something light like soup or lentils and bread, giving you a sound sleep at night.
As soon as I get back home from work, I am hungry. I had to have snacks. Usually I try to have healthy snacks like a quick chickpea salad or slices of brown bread with peanut butter during weekdays. But at times I am unable to resist myself on gorging more calories than that is justifiable with some fried snacks. This mostly happens on weekends, when I have plenty of time and I have been through a lot of food blogs. Cheese balls are yummy. Melted cheese will give you a gooey feeling and the aroma is just wonderful. Eat them hot only, dipped in green chutney or sauce with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
1 cup grated cheese
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup bread crumbs
oil for frying
salt to taste
* In a large bowl mix cheese, flour, eggs, black pepper, chili powder, baking powder and salt to taste making a thick consistency.
* Beat it into a fluffy batter. Take care in beating, as a proper batter makes cheese balls tastier.
* Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
* Make round balls from the batter and brush them with breadcrumbs.
* In a wok, heat oil and deep fry them, till golden in color.