Blueberry Soy Pancakes

Every morning when I wake up, the first tension that arises in my mind is what to make in the breakfast. Knowing what to make is half the battle won. I am a big lazybones so, I prefer making elaborate dishes on weekends. Week days are for something quick yet tasty. This morning I oped for Blueberry pancakes. Remember I had got a box of frozen blueberries, a few days back from a friend. Other than having it and making blueberry smoothie, I had saved the rest for trying some other blueberry recipes.

In pancake recipes, usually everyone uses all purpose flour for making pancakes. Instead I used soya or soy flour which is gluten free and has low fat. Soy flour is made from roasted soybeans that have been ground into a powder and is easily available in supermarkets and food store. Buy it and store in a refrigerator. You can make numerous healthy low fat dishes with it, replacing flour.





Ingredients

1/2 cup soy flour
3 tbsp soy milk or milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp superfine sugar
3-4 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup canned blueberry
1-2 tbsp oil
1 egg

Method

* Mix soya flour, milk, baking powder, sugar and one egg yolk to make the thick batter of dropping consistency.
* Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
* Meanwhile whisk the egg white until fluffy. Add it into the batter.
* Take a nonstick pan, brush it with oil and heat it.
* Pour the batter into the pan in a circular manner. As soon as the lower side is done at blueberries on top.
* Then flip and let the other side also cook.
* Serve hot with maple syrup, blueberries.
* For garnishing sprinkle with sugar.

12 comments:

ann low on August 11, 2009 at 1:22 AM said...

WOW...looking at the maple syrup really makes me drooling...

Indian Khana on August 11, 2009 at 3:32 AM said...

Using soya flour is gud idea, shall try n pic is awesome

Donna-FFW on August 11, 2009 at 4:56 AM said...

Please, oh please, pass some along to me for my breakfast.

lisa is cooking on August 11, 2009 at 5:46 AM said...

Your pancakes look great! Nice use of soy too.

Barbara Bakes on August 11, 2009 at 5:58 AM said...

Great photo! Love the addition of soy flour.

Unknown on August 11, 2009 at 7:09 AM said...

Wow what a lovely pancake, your pictures are awesome.

Parita on August 11, 2009 at 7:48 AM said...

Wow thats drool worthy click!

Joyce on August 11, 2009 at 8:04 AM said...

Can you tell the difference in the taste of the flours or not? I want to try this flour but not sure of the taste and is the measurements the same if I sub it for regular flour? My inquiring mind wants to know:)
Joyce

Patricia Scarpin on August 12, 2009 at 4:52 AM said...

I haven't had pancakes in ages and with blueberries... I could never say "no". :D
Great photo, too!

Anshika on August 12, 2009 at 5:46 AM said...

Joyce soya flour is a versatile ingredient which improves taste and texture of many common foods and often reduces the fat absorbed in fried foods. The taste of soy flour varies from a “beany” flavor to a sweet and mild flavor, depending on how it is processed.

Mélanie on August 12, 2009 at 10:48 AM said...

This pile of pancakes looks divine!! I love how the syrup is drizzling from the top... Makes me want to jump in the picture and eat them right now :)

Palidor on August 19, 2009 at 10:12 AM said...

Yum! I love when pancakes are stacked nice and high.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Followers

Cooking Pleasures Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template