Every morning when I wake up, the first tension that arises in my mind is what to make in the breakfast. Knowing what to make is half the battle won. I am a big lazybones so, I prefer making elaborate dishes on weekends. Week days are for something quick yet tasty. This morning I oped for Blueberry pancakes. Remember I had got a box of frozen blueberries, a few days back from a friend. Other than having it and making blueberry smoothie, I had saved the rest for trying some other blueberry recipes.
In pancake recipes, usually everyone uses all purpose flour for making pancakes. Instead I used soya or soy flour which is gluten free and has low fat. Soy flour is made from roasted soybeans that have been ground into a powder and is easily available in supermarkets and food store. Buy it and store in a refrigerator. You can make numerous healthy low fat dishes with it, replacing flour.
1/2 cup soy flour
3 tbsp soy milk or milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp superfine sugar
3-4 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup canned blueberry
1-2 tbsp oil
* Mix soya flour, milk, baking powder, sugar and one egg yolk to make the thick batter of dropping consistency.
* Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
* Meanwhile whisk the egg white until fluffy. Add it into the batter.
* Take a nonstick pan, brush it with oil and heat it.
* Pour the batter into the pan in a circular manner. As soon as the lower side is done at blueberries on top.
* Then flip and let the other side also cook.
* Serve hot with maple syrup, blueberries.
* For garnishing sprinkle with sugar.