Green Gourd Juice

While surfing around the net, I came across a superb concept of raw food diet. A diet based on unprocessed and uncooked plant food, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, sprouts, juices, seeds, nuts, grains, beans, dried fruit, coconut milk etc. And the results Increased energy, Better skin, Improved digestion, Weight loss, Reduced risk of heart disease and many more.

The best thing about this whole concept is that if you follow a raw food diet you can eat almost as much as you can and still maintain a healthy weight. I found this whole idea just amazing. I am sure all of you would too and many must be knowing this already, even some must have tried it out. In synch with this I found Raw Divas, a website which is offering a free 7-Day Raw Food Detox Program for Women.


The Raw Divas 7 Day Detox

This green juice which I have made is the result of my inspiration from this whole concept of raw food diet. I am yet take the program. But I will try it for a day, if all goes well. May be I get going for more. Best idea would be to take a week off and then enjoy the program doing everything you were wanting to do from a long time. Anyone who wants to lose weight, I will suggest any this great concept for losing weight in a healthy way. My juice will help you in that. Easy to make, green and very nutritious.


Ingredients

1 calabash or bottle gourd peeled , seeded, chopped
bunch of cilantro
2-3 Indian gooseberry chopped
small ginger chopped 2
black salt to taste
2 tbsp lemon juice
ice cubes as requiredsalt to taste

Method
* Leaving water, add everything in a blender and blend for few minutes.

* Add water and again blen for few minutes.

* Using a strainer, pour the juice in chilled glasses.

* Add ice cubes and serve chilled.

9 comments:

Unknown on August 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM said...

That's one interesting juice. I do make vegetable juices but never tried adding bottle gourd, just curious how did it taste?

Chivalrous Clan on August 8, 2009 at 10:20 PM said...

amazing....sounds great..m going for a raw food program

Parita on August 9, 2009 at 1:49 PM said...

Looks delectable! Oh i have had bottle gourd juice before but that was absolutely plain and frankly didnt quite like it :( with amla, ginger, salt and lemon I am sure the juice would have tasted wonderful!

Parita on August 9, 2009 at 2:19 PM said...

Hey Anshika, I have awards and a tag for you on my blog, pls accept the same :)

Tres Jolie Studios on August 10, 2009 at 1:24 AM said...

I love the photo with the little reflection. Such a lovely shade of green!

ann low on August 10, 2009 at 2:45 AM said...

I do make vege juice with fresh fruits at home. Wonder this is bitter gourd you mentioned about. I've heared that bitter gourd helps to lower high blood pressure and cholesterol.

Indian Khana on August 10, 2009 at 4:30 AM said...

Love the click...looks so neat and nice colour

Anshika on August 10, 2009 at 4:35 AM said...

Ancoo this is bottle gourd not bitter gourd. Bitter gourd as the name is bitter in taste. I just can't have juice of bitter gourd ever :) But you are right it is very healthy.

Hopie on August 10, 2009 at 4:03 PM said...

I'd love to hear what you think of the 7-day detox if you try it out. Sounds like a great way to cleanse the system!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Followers

Cooking Pleasures Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template