Its been raining lately, humidity is on the high and heat is still on giving the signal that summer us no where to go. Back from work, I was craving for having something chilled and as I have a sweet tooth so of course a dessert. But was in no mood to make something elaborate which would take most of my time and energy. Then came to my rescue Parfaits. Easy to make and yummy to eat. A parfait is just a dessert made with by combining layers of cream, ice cream, fruits, nuts, syrups and served in tall glasses.
Layered desserts with lot of fruits and cream are so elegant that whenever you serve them, guests get excited even before tasting them. Here I have made raspberry parfait. But you can make others also replacing raspberry with cherry or blackberry or by combining all the berries.
2 cup fresh raspberries
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 cup cream cheese
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Wash and drain raspberries and place in a small bowl.
* Add granulated and set aside for some time.
* In a mixer add cream cheese, vanilla extract and caster sugar and blend or add in a bowl and whip till the mixture is fluffy.
* Slowly pour the cream, beating until all of it is mixed and the mixture is thickened.
* Crush the raspberries a little with a spoon or you can blend them too.
* In chilled champagne glasses or wineglasses place a layer of raspberries followed by the creamy mixture. Repeat this as much as you want with creamy layer in the end.
* If you want it to be more chilled, then refrigerate it for half an hour and then serve in glasses.
* Garnish it with a fresh raspberry and serve.