This is an excellent dessert with the toasts being moist, soft, and rich in flavor, a perfect ending to summer dinners. Along with cream they just taste delicious. The source of this recipe is my mother. For every girl, her mother is her source of inspiration in most of the things in life be it food, life or marriage. Food is one thing which we learn from our mothers, by doing initially small tasks then making great meals.
She usually made french toasts with left over sugar syrup from other desserts in an effort to finish off the syrup. When breads are properly soaked in syrup they are moist and soft. A single slice is enough for a dessert after meals for a person. So, depending upon the number of guests slices can be taken. Sugar syrup can be made in advance and stored in refrigerator.
* 4-5 slices of bread
* Oil to fry
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 cup water
* fresh whipped cream
* Remove the sides of the bread slices
* Deep fry them in a wok till they turn brown
* Take a skillet and mix water and sugar in it
* Boil on medium heat till the sugar dissolves and forms a thick syrup
* Let the bread slices and sugar cool
* Soak the slices in the syrup for half an hour and place it in the refrigerator until
* Serve with freshly whipped cream and chopped nuts