My Super Seven - Cookbooks To Look For In 2010

Reading has always been my passion. Since my growing years from Noddy to Nancy Drew then moving on to Jeffery Archer, Dan Brown, Mario Puzo, Chetan Bhagat, Shivani & countless more, I just don't remember how many books I have devoured till now. Still the passion has no bounds. But since when I started my food blog, my interest has moved a little from fiction to cookbooks. For me a cookbook is not just a recipe book but a collectible, which I can show off. Here is a list of my super seven which I am hoping to get my hands on, this year in 2010.



1) Cook In Boots - By Ravinder Bhogol, an Indian-origin food writer and stylist. Has won the Gourmand World Cookbook Award for the UK`s Best First Cookbook

2) The Emperor’s Table by Salma Husain a resplendent collection of dishes from the imperial Mughal past

3) ChefMD's Big Book of Culinary Medicine by John La Puma, Rebecca Powell Marx. A Food Lover's Road Map to: Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, Getting Really Healthy

4) The Ultimate Low Fat Indian Cookbook by Shehzad Husain and Manisha Kanani: This dieter’s dream-come-true is a jugalbandi by the two authors, a Pakistani and an Uganda-born Indian.

5) Healthy Indian in Minutes by Monisha Bharadwaj: Provides mouth-watering glimpses of the diversity and subtlety and gentleness of our cuisine with gorgeous photographs.

6) Princely Legacy Hyderabadi Cuisine by Pratibha Karan. A must have cookbook on Hyderabadi cuisine.

7) Cooking For All Seasons by Jasleen Dhamija. Its an old one but evergreen, a must for everyone with wonderful recipes made using seasonal veggies and fruits.

My Mantra for 2010 is to eat healthy and cook healthy !!

9 comments:

Pari Vasisht on January 12, 2010 at 8:59 AM said...

All the good luck, I just hope you buy all of them and benefit all of us with those recipes.
http://cooking-goodfood.blogspot.com

Joyce on January 12, 2010 at 9:24 AM said...

I will have to copy your list and have a look in the books at B&N next week. I am always on the lookout for a new and exciting cookbook. Thanks for posting your list.
Joyce

Home Cooked Oriya Food on January 12, 2010 at 6:02 PM said...

I have read countless Enid Blytons and Nancy Drews and Hardy buys too...
I still haven't graduated to cook books. maybe you will inspire me!
Oh and have you read the latest Chetan Bhagat - 2 States ? It is hilarious...

Raks on January 12, 2010 at 11:38 PM said...

All the best to get all those books :)

Priya Suresh on January 13, 2010 at 12:49 AM said...

Love ur mantra..Eat healthy & cook healthy!!beautiful..

chow and chatter on January 14, 2010 at 7:36 AM said...

oh the emperors table sounds a cool one

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog on January 14, 2010 at 2:08 PM said...

Wow lovely collection of cookbooks, you'll have lot of reading and kitchen fun!

Cheers,

Gera

Deepa G Joshi on January 14, 2010 at 11:00 PM said...

great books..waiting for all the delicacies from you..would try to find out some books too..

John La Puma, MD on March 30, 2010 at 9:20 AM said...

Thanks for recommending my book...it was great to write: there are 25 pages of references and 50 new recipes to check out.

Crown also just released a paperback version...which has all the original work and is less expensive.

Eat Real Food! Make it Yourself! Enjoy!
Warm regards,
John La Puma, MD
http://drjohnlapuma.com
Author, ChefMD's Big Book of Culinary Medicine

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Followers

Cooking Pleasures Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template