Apple Cinnamon Cake - Sinfully Fresh

From chocolate cakes to truffles, Irish to plain vanilla, strawberry, cakes and pastries are a delight for everyone. But at times these cakes become too much of a sin. Still they are hard to resist. And since I am new to baking, every now and then craving for a warm piece of cake arises. Most of the times, I have to run to the nearmost bakery and only after having a piece of cake or pastry that the craving subsides. Its just that I am lucky, the bakery is just fabulous.

Although, this weekend shedding my laziness finally I made a cake. The recipe is somewhat similar to apple oatmeal muffins but with a few changes, adapted from a cookery show. Cookery shows come second in my list of things addicted to. First being the cookbooks, which I have already mentioned. Every time I get to watch a show, I scribble the recipe in my diary, just to use it at some point of time. Finally its turn came.

Lately, the weather has been freezing cold. But after the whole lot of effort of making the apple cake, when I took the first bite of the warm cake, I felt devine and much more fresh. The cold had made me really lazy to the extent of guilty of neglecting my blog. From a past few days, I was really feeling bad. So, I am back with a lovely delcious cake. Take my advice and have it fresh from oven. A warm cake is an indulgence worth taking. And with a dolop of chilled icecream or fresh scoop of cream cheese icing, the fun becomes much more joyful. s


Ingredients

For Cake

2-3 apples (peeled & chopped)
1 cup flour
1 cup butter
1 cup superfine sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp cinnamon powder

For Icing

1cup cream cheese
pinch of roasted cardamom powder
1/2 cup whipped cream

Method

* Whisk sugar and butter together for few minutes.
* Then fold in the flour followed by eggs, honey and cinnamon powder.
* Finally add apples and mix properly.
* Pour the prepared batter into a buttered baking pan.
* Bake for about half an hour at 170C
* Meanwhile prepare the icing by whipping all the ingredients together
* When the cake is baked, let it cool.
* At the time of serving spread the icing over the cake and serve.

15 comments:

Unknown on January 19, 2010 at 8:36 AM said...

Thats indeed is sinfully fresh..& nice looking..

Parita on January 19, 2010 at 9:58 AM said...

Apple cinnamon is unbeatable combination and those mini cakes look lovely!

Hayley on January 19, 2010 at 10:08 AM said...

Hey Anishka

just stumbled by when i was in the otherblogroll, i noticed your blog with this mouthwatering Apple Cinnamon Cake...looks delicious..good job done by you..

cheers

http://joyofcooking247.blogspot.com

Padma on January 19, 2010 at 12:40 PM said...

Looks really mouthwatering and loved the icing.

Priya Suresh on January 19, 2010 at 2:08 PM said...

Absolutely divine...

Donna-FFW on January 19, 2010 at 5:31 PM said...

Those mini apple cakes sound so tasty. Id love to have a slice with my morning coffee.

Deepa G Joshi on January 19, 2010 at 9:49 PM said...

extreamly delectable..loved the icing..too good.

Soma Pradhan on January 20, 2010 at 12:21 AM said...

really a rocking combination...i love your cakes

Ash on January 20, 2010 at 3:23 AM said...

Hey,

I love the strong flavour of cinnamon on my taste buds... It kinda lasts forever..... & that cake with this flavour must surely be a treat to feast on..... SPLENDID!!!

Ash...
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

ann low on January 20, 2010 at 7:57 AM said...

Apple and cinnamon are the best combo. Must try this one day.

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog on January 20, 2010 at 8:47 PM said...

Adorable cake....drooling with the picture!

I've an award waiting for you at my blog.

All the best,

Gera

Ms.Chitchat on January 21, 2010 at 3:00 AM said...

First timer to ur space and loved it. I was welcomed by ur awesome apple cinnamon cake and sure is sinfully fresh :):) Following u.

Chitchat
http://chitchatcrossroads.blogspot.com/

Home Cooked Oriya Food on January 22, 2010 at 6:55 PM said...

sinfully good!

Unknown on January 25, 2010 at 7:54 AM said...

Lovely bake...sinfully tempting one...

Malar Gandhi on January 31, 2010 at 4:01 PM said...

Looks awesome:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Followers

Cooking Pleasures Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template