Chocolate Plum Cake - A Simple One For Christmas

Weekends are a joy for everyone. Whole week everyone plans for weekend getaways and I plan for what I will make or bake. Lately baking is a new passion in my life, for which I get time on weekends only. In the last one, I had few of my friends. Just a bunch of women, no men. That makes me think, do we really need men in our life. No!! not at all. But yes men and women compliment eachother. And this will remain a fact as always. After all whatever we cook or we wear, if we don't have an admirer then from where will come the appreciations. We women love to be appreciated!!

For the lunch I had planned well in advance. There were grilled vegetables with tahini in the starters followed by fried rice and then my lovely chocolate cake with vanilla icecream for dessert. We chatted, we ate, watched a movie. All together you can call it a super fun time. Each part of my body freshened up.

Since when I have bought a can of chocolate, I am going totally crazy. Whatever dessert I am making, there is chocolate in it. Thats why I made chocolate cake. Its an easy recipe. I am gonna make one again and gift it to my darling neighbour on Christmas. So this one is for her. Rest of the menu, I will post in coming days. Enjoy this simple cake with your family this Christmas !



Ingredients

1 cup chocolate
1 cup butter
2-3 tbsp sugar free, powdered
2 eggs
2 tbsp honey
1 cup flour
handfull of chopped nuts

Method 

* Melt the chocolate in microwave or a pan of low heat.
* In the meantime whip butter and sugar together in a bowl until light & fluffy.
* Add melted chocolate and beat in the eggs.
* Fold in the flour. Whip the whole mixture in a blender as well for having a perfectly soft cake.
* If required add a little milk
* After blending, stir in the chopped nuts.
* Take a pan, grease it with butter and pour the mixture in it.
* Bake the cake at 170 degree C for about half an hour or more. Check using a toothpick.
* Serve with freshly whipped cream or a scoop of icecream.

14 comments:

Pam on December 7, 2009 at 10:32 AM said...

This looks simple and delicious.

Palidor on December 7, 2009 at 10:41 AM said...

That looks moist and chocolatey!

Sunitha on December 7, 2009 at 12:59 PM said...

Very interesting..nice recipe.. like the idea of honey to sweeten..

Sarah Naveen on December 7, 2009 at 1:49 PM said...

Excellent pic...Sounds gr8 and looks soo delicious..

Priya Suresh on December 7, 2009 at 1:51 PM said...

Woww such a gorgeous and tempting slice...lipsmacking!

ann low on December 7, 2009 at 5:42 PM said...

I really love this ~ quick and easy, best to go with a cup of hot coffee :D

Soma Pradhan on December 7, 2009 at 5:45 PM said...

This cake looks awesome...cant resist

Unknown on December 7, 2009 at 7:30 PM said...

Looks fantabulous, beautiful click.

Unknown on December 8, 2009 at 12:09 PM said...

Right in time for the festive season. looks gorgeous.

Karine on December 9, 2009 at 7:02 PM said...

Your cake sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

Natasha in Oz on December 9, 2009 at 10:44 PM said...

You have a great blog and I am following now!

Thanks so much for visiting me today and for following me.

It is so nice to "meet" you!

Best wishes, Natasha.

Mythreyi Dilip on December 10, 2009 at 5:59 AM said...

Very innovative dear! Adding chocolate to plum cake is really interesting. Right for Christmas:)

Lavanya Siva on December 11, 2009 at 3:55 PM said...

This is just simple and deli......something i was looking for. Thanks for visiting www.spice-india.com . Keep visitng and also visit http://sweetytrisa.blogspot.com, and do leave your comments to just to make my little princess happy. I will never ever miss your recipe. You have such a wonderful space here

Deeba PAB on December 14, 2009 at 4:06 AM said...

That does sound like a good recipe...beautiful pictures too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Followers

Cooking Pleasures Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template