Cheesecake - A No Fuss Wonder

Lately, I have been less into blogging for some or the other reasons. Nothing specific. These days I am somewhat into a wandering state. Although I am not moving but my mind is. Lots of thoughts are coming and going. At one time I want to write a story, then at another I want to start a new blog and some other random musings. But there are so many thoughts that I have become a little uncomfortable. I need to organize them. After much of contemplation, finally I have decided on making a notebook and jotting down all my thoughts and may be I will have to start another blog for my ramblings which are not at all related to food. Probably then I will be able to reach a sense of stability.

Other than thinking, I baked a wonderful cheese cake. There was no reason of celebration. But then Food is itself a reason to celebrate. Whenever we are cooking something delicious for our family, then that counts as a celebration. The Cheese cake on Thanksgiving came out to be perfect with all the flavors of my superb learning experience from other food blogs on baking. With not much fuss, I just used a simple recipe ofcourse a synthesis of all the cheese cake recipes I read.

Cheesecake is such a delicious dessert, a wonderful way to end the dinner. After having it you will be smiling with pleasure. I made a plain one but you can use any of the fruits, nuts, raisins or chocolate to make different flavors for the topping. Morever if you don't want to bake then you can set it also. But that takes few hours to set before serving.



Ingredients

For Base

2 cup biscuits crushed (around 8-10 biscuits)
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine

For Cake
1 cup cream cheese, softened
2-3 tbsp sugar free
2 eggs
2 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp cream
1 tbsp coffee

Method

* First mix butter and crushed biscuits properly for making the base of the cheesecake and refrigerate.
* In a bowl mix well all the other ingredients.
* Place the biscuit mix in a baking pan.
* Pour the cheese mixture over the base.
* Bake the cheesecake at 325 degree F for about half an hour.
* Serve warm otherwise you can chill it for few hours, if you want to have it cold.

11 comments:

ann low on November 27, 2009 at 9:04 AM said...

A simple and delicious cheesecake :)

HaRy!! on November 27, 2009 at 9:14 AM said...

llllooookkkkkkssss delicious!!

Priya Suresh on November 27, 2009 at 9:25 AM said...

Wat a gorgeous slice of cheesecake, looks too delicious!

Parita on November 27, 2009 at 9:34 AM said...

Wis you al the best for your new blog, would love to read your thoughts, i think its a good idea to pen down your thoughts and read them later, its makes things very clear.
Cheesecake looks divine, did you use philadelphia cream cheese? i have searched for it in pune but cudnt find, can you pls share from which store you bought?

Palidor on November 27, 2009 at 10:18 AM said...

That looks delicious! I am with you on eating warm cheesecake. It is soooo much tastier when it is warm and the texture is divine. I hope you'll be blogging again regularly! But I know what you're feeling. I haven't been blogging as much because I've been busy with other things too.

chow and chatter on November 27, 2009 at 5:44 PM said...

great cheesecake oh my brain is like yours sometimes!

Unknown on November 27, 2009 at 7:12 PM said...

Looks so good, lovely clicks.

Anshika on November 27, 2009 at 9:33 PM said...

@ Parita I have not bought the cheese. Couldn't get the cheese I want here. Instead I made the cheese a day before. If you want I can share the recipe for making cheese.

Xiaolu on November 28, 2009 at 9:35 AM said...

What a simple and lovely cheesecake (the top is so smooth!). I wish you luck with whatever you chose to work on next. Happy holidays!

sangeeta on December 4, 2009 at 4:33 AM said...

Hi Anshika ..
great blog and great recipes...this cheesecake is so simple n looks yummy and you made it with home made cream cheese...i love everything homemade...

thanks for dropping by and it was a pleasure to discover your blog...

about the random thoughts n getting bottle necked..it happens with me all the time !!!

Unknown on October 10, 2010 at 9:26 AM said...

OMG..looks sinful..lovely cake

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Followers

Cooking Pleasures Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template