Diwali Festival - Suggest A Recipe


I always seem to remember festivals as special days which brought the family and friends together. Other than new clothes, beautiful rangolis, mango leave torans, fresh flowers, smell of camphor, incense sticks what I was more excited about was great food delicacies. From sweets to chocolates, cakes to desserts, curries to pastas everything was made with special care and festive spirits. And on the days of the festival cooking together, then eating together was real fun resulting into great bonding and delicious food. Such is the fervor of festivals. Magical !!

Now when Diwali, the festival of lights is just after few days, I have been thinking, planning are reading through the blogs for deciding on the festive meals. This time its my turn to host the festive dinner. Already I have been occupied with a lot of cleaning and decorating the house and neglecting my blog. But I promise to be back with full set of mouthwatering recipes and photographs of what all I had made.

For Diwali I have thought of few and rest you all suggest me. Already I had a big mind boggling session with no results. So I would be glad to get a little help form all my foodie friends and visitors. Add a comment with your suggestions. The recipe that would be a hit with my guests, I would feature it on my blog. You all just have to give the post link and I would get extract the recipe from there (**this time no gifts but I promise next time I would offer a giveaway). According to the five course would take one from each suggested like a soup, a dessert, a curry etc.

So I am signing off for now. Would be meeting with all of next week with more. Wishing you all a very Happy & Prosperous Diwali !!


7 comments:

Rohini on October 14, 2009 at 3:04 AM said...

You have a lovely space out there!!
Following you! Thanks for dropping by!

And this is a really nice idea, I'll send some of mine too :)

Malar Gandhi on October 14, 2009 at 5:31 PM said...

Happy Diwali...

You have a lovely space here...

Broccoli tikkis sounds kool!:)

Mythreyi Dilip on October 15, 2009 at 3:32 PM said...

Happy diwali to you and your family dear, may this diwali light up your life with prosperity and lots of happiness!!!

Unknown on October 16, 2009 at 1:03 PM said...

wish u & ur family happy & prosperous diwali!!

Unknown on October 16, 2009 at 7:15 PM said...

Happy Diwali to you and your family.

Parita on October 17, 2009 at 9:41 PM said...

Happy Diwali dear, hope you are having a grt time with your family:-)

Urmi on October 22, 2009 at 12:17 AM said...

Wish you and your family a very happy and prosperous Diwali (belated).

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Followers

Cooking Pleasures Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template