Broccoli Tikkis For The Evening Tea

With low temperatures, foggy weather and unwelcome showers, I found myself longing for something hot to warm my insides. Peeping into the refrigerator I realized I missed on buying the fresh stock of groceries. But the wet weather dampened my spirits of going out. Other than milk, cheese and butter, what called out to me was a bunch broccoli. My culinary mind started thinking and I decided on making Cheese Broccoli Tikkis which would be just perfect with hot glasses of tea. I prefer having tea in glasses rather than cups and I know most of the tea lovers would agree with me on this.


Ingredients

1 tsp olive oil
2 onions chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp green chillies chopped
1 broccoli chopped
1-2 boiled potatoes grated
2-3 tbsp mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/4 cup bread crumbs
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp oil

Method

* In a frying pan heat 1 tbsp oil.
* Add onions and fry them till golden brown.
* Further add ginger garlic paste, green chillies, garam masala powder, black pepper powder and saute them for few minutes.
* Then add broccoli and salt. Mix well.
* Cook for few minutes till broccoli is tender.
* Remove from heat and let it cool.
* Add grated potatoes and mix properly.
* Make balls from the mixture or kebab like shapes.
* Cover them with breadcrumbs.
* Heat a non stick pan with 1 tbsp of oil and cook the tikkis.
* Let one side turn brown then the other.
* Serve them hot with yogurt dip or green chutney.

Note: You can make variations to the recipe. Like by making a thick chickpea flour paste and dipping the broccoli balls in it and then frying them. Although this method takes in much oil.

14 comments:

ann low on October 6, 2009 at 6:42 AM said...

I will add this in my to do list. Will omit the chillies and black pepper powder so that our kids can enjoy it too.

Finla on October 6, 2009 at 6:59 AM said...

That is so beautiful and so delcious.

Pari Vasisht on October 6, 2009 at 7:01 AM said...

Hi Anshika. Yummy, I want them too. The combo is very inviting and gladly I can say, even I have tried them and were loved by kids.

kamala on October 6, 2009 at 7:57 AM said...

Wow!! lovely tikkis

Unknown on October 6, 2009 at 8:05 AM said...

Thats a lovely way to have tea...nice click too..

Home Cooked Oriya Food on October 6, 2009 at 5:44 PM said...

lovley tikkis... lovely click too... Can I have one please ?

Shri on October 7, 2009 at 7:55 AM said...

So healthy and they look cute!

Sandhya Hariharan on October 7, 2009 at 5:27 PM said...

Lovely tikka's anytime welcome...
Thanks Anishka for visiting my space... YOu have a lovely blog tooo..

Will follow you from now... on..
C u more often.

A Bowl Of Mush on October 8, 2009 at 8:10 AM said...

These are gorgeous, cute looking tikkis. Very elegant!

Anonymous said...

Those look yummy !!!! Love the use of mozzarella in it...

Unknown on October 10, 2009 at 11:33 PM said...

Tikkis made healthy. great way to tweak in broccoli in food. These look like falafels.

Mythreyi Dilip on October 11, 2009 at 2:55 PM said...

Tikkis with broccoli, never tried this before, thanks for sharing!

Unknown on October 16, 2009 at 1:04 PM said...

U have a fabulous space with wonderful recipes!!!
broccoli tikki looks awesome& xllnt presentation!
Will follow you from now... on..
C u more often.

Srikitchen on November 3, 2009 at 2:55 AM said...

wow! looks delicious!
pics are so good1
do visit my blog when u find time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Followers

Cooking Pleasures Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template