With low temperatures, foggy weather and unwelcome showers, I found myself longing for something hot to warm my insides. Peeping into the refrigerator I realized I missed on buying the fresh stock of groceries. But the wet weather dampened my spirits of going out. Other than milk, cheese and butter, what called out to me was a bunch broccoli. My culinary mind started thinking and I decided on making Cheese Broccoli Tikkis which would be just perfect with hot glasses of tea. I prefer having tea in glasses rather than cups and I know most of the tea lovers would agree with me on this.
1 tsp olive oil
2 onions chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp green chillies chopped
1 broccoli chopped
1-2 boiled potatoes grated
2-3 tbsp mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/4 cup bread crumbs
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp oil
* In a frying pan heat 1 tbsp oil.
* Add onions and fry them till golden brown.
* Further add ginger garlic paste, green chillies, garam masala powder, black pepper powder and saute them for few minutes.
* Then add broccoli and salt. Mix well.
* Cook for few minutes till broccoli is tender.
* Remove from heat and let it cool.
* Add grated potatoes and mix properly.
* Make balls from the mixture or kebab like shapes.
* Cover them with breadcrumbs.
* Heat a non stick pan with 1 tbsp of oil and cook the tikkis.
* Let one side turn brown then the other.
* Serve them hot with yogurt dip or green chutney.
Note: You can make variations to the recipe. Like by making a thick chickpea flour paste and dipping the broccoli balls in it and then frying them. Although this method takes in much oil.