From a long time, I had been wanting to bake a cake. And finally I made one yesterday, after going through a lot of food blogs and magazines. This is an easy version as I had less time to make an elaborate cake. Also, this was my first time so, I was not ready to take the risk. But somehow things got along well and the result was chocolate cup cakes with melted chocolate chips inside ,adding a gooey goodness to it. You can chill it too, if you like cold cakes. Although, I would suggest having it fresh from oven to have that heavenly taste of melted warm chocolate.Ingredients
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup warm water
4 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp instant coffee powder
1 cup chocolate chips
* Melt the butter in a pan.
* Beat the eggs well in a separate bowl.
* Add flour, sugar, melted butter, water, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla essence and coffee powder
* Mix all the ingredients properly to form a thick batter.
* Add chocolate chips.
* Pour the batter in small cups.
* Place the cups in a tray and bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 375 degrees.
Note: Prick in the middle of the cakes to check if the cakes are done. If it comes out clean, that means the cakes are ready.