Butterscotch, a flavor without which many of the desserts, shakes or sundaes will be incomplete. The whole process is simple but takes almost half an hour. But the best thing is that you can refrigerate it in an airtight non reactive container for about a month and use it whenever you want to make any dessert, cake or a shake.Ingredients
4 tbsp butter (unsalted)
1 cup dark brown sugar (tightly packed)
¾ cup heavy whipped cream
1 tbsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp corn syrup
1 teaspoon salt
* In a saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. As the butter is melting add brown sugar and stir with a wooden spoon.
* Keep on stirring till the mixture becomes thick paste like a caramel. This will take approximately about 5 minutes.
* Add all the cream and mix.
* Lower the heat and whip the cream into the mixture till it forms a uniform mixture.
* Then on medium heat cook it for about 10 minutes till it starts boiling, whisking every few minutes.
* Turn off the heat and let it cool.
* When cooled, add vanilla essence and salt. Stir well and taste it.
* If the wonderful taste of butterscotch is there then you have done everything perfect. If not then add more vanilla extract and salt.
Note: Making butterscotch sauce is a quick process. Hence, keep everything ready beforehand.