Of laughter, joy and fun,
Surprises, love and happiness,
And when your birthday’s done,
As your birthdays come and go,
How very much you mean to me,
More than you can know."
Birthdays are always special and if of someone close to our heart then we want to make them feel special on this special day. This post is dedicated to that someone special. If it would have been possible then I would have prepared a special kind of treat which would include Candle Light Dinner with a Birthday Cake.
225 gms Maida (all purpose flour)
400 gms Sweetened condensed milk
2-3 tbsp Cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Cooking soda
125 gms Butter
200 ml Aerated cola drink
A pinch of salt
125gms Dairy Milk Chocolate
250 gms Fresh whipped cream
* Place a thick bottomed pan on very low flame and melt butter in it.
* Remove from the flame and let the butter cool.
* Add condensed milk and mix well.
* Sift maida, cocoa powder, baking powder, cooking soda and salt together.
* Make sure there are no lumps in the mixture.
* Grease a baking tray with little butter.
* Dust it with maida and keep it aside.
* Take a pan with little butter and put the maida mixture with the condensed milk-butter mixture.
* Now add aerated cola and mix it well.
* Pour the batter into the greased baking tray and bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 150 degrees C.
* When it is done, let it cool and then slit it horizontally into two.
* Whip the cream till light and fluffy.
* Sandwich the two layers of cake with whipped cream and designed cherries.
* Top with whipped cream and cherries.
* Grate dairy milk chocolate bar and sprinkle over the cake.
* Serve it chilled.