Mango Pudding - A Delicious Summer Dessert

India is the largest producer of Mangoes. But mango lovers are found all around the world. Because of its tasty juice, flavor and fragrance, they form a key ingredient of various desserts and drinks. Mangoes are not only delicious but are rich in vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. Also are high in fiber but low in calories and sodium.
This recipe is for all the mango lovers and the credit for this recipes total goes to my husband, who not only discovered it but also taught me. Normally mango puddings contain gelatin, but that is only for giving it the right shape. I love my mango pudding without it and I am sure others will also love it. Very easy to make and delicious to eat as a dessert after dinner in summer nights.

Ingredients

* 3 cup sugar
* 3 pureed fresh mangoes
* 2-3 cup milk (or 1 cup condensed milk)
* 2 eggs

Method

* In a large bowl, mix the mango pulp, milk, sugar & eggs
* Blend the mixture in a mixer
* Then in a vessel boil the mixer on medium heat till it gets to somewhat thick
consistency
* Let the mixture cool
* Then pour the mixture into small molds or serving bowls and chill in a
refrigerator until set for at least 3 hours.
* Before serving garnish it with mango slices

Mango on Foodista

6 comments:

Unknown on June 8, 2009 at 10:43 PM said...

ummmm.. sounds delicious... will rush home to cook it in evening........thanks for the recipe

Piee on June 16, 2009 at 1:07 AM said...

This looks absolutely gorgeous!! I'm going to have to try this recipe since its the only mango pudding I have seen so far that doesn't use gelatin or agar agar. Your photography is amazing too.

Sanghi on September 14, 2009 at 5:25 PM said...

Lovely mango delight..! Lovely blog too..! Following!! Do check my blog! Do send this to my FIL-Milk event if you wish!

Finla on September 23, 2009 at 4:56 AM said...

Made this dessert, and It was yumm, a bit eggy for my liking but hubbs and daughget didn't think it was eggy when i told.
Will make them again when it is season next year.
Next time as you mentioned in my place will try them without egg.
Thankyou for the recipe

Unknown on October 20, 2009 at 1:41 AM said...

Will this set without gelatin? Please confirm

Unknown on December 16, 2009 at 6:02 AM said...

Looks good Anshika! I'm a serious mango lover. I made a mango crumble awhile back and it was really good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Followers

Cooking Pleasures Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template