Fried Rice - When You Want Something Quick

Merry Christmas to all of you!!
Christmas spirit is everywhere. Got a wonderful Plum cake from my neighbor. I gifted her some assorted chocolates along with a greeting card. She gave me a wonderful Plum cake, which was absolutely delicious with lots of nuts & raisins inside. After having large bites of it, tummy was almost full and feeling of laziness started overpowering me. But still a need for something fulfilling was there. Somewhere in these moments, I always wish if I had a magic wand. Just a swish and piping hot delicious food is there on my plate. As I am no magician nor I have a magic wand, I have to cook.

A quick peep inside the refrigerator and I found some leftover rice, along with the regular veggies. My joy knew no bounds. At that very moment I knew, I am lucky. Out of plain leftover rice, so many rice dishes can be put together in minutes. Just throw in variety of flavors, some veggies, saute and a wholesome meal is ready to be served. And I bet anyone will be pleased. I also did the same and a delicious steaming fried rice was ready. Although there is no specific recipe but I used a mix of few Chinese ingredients and some regular ones on my instinct.




Ingredients

2-3 cup cooked plain rice
1 cup mixed vegetables (peas, beans, celery, cabbage)
1 large onion, chopped
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/4 tsp red chili powder
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
copped spring onion & cilantro leaves for garnish

Method

* Heat oil in a wok and fry onions till golden brown.
* Add vegetables, salt, pepper and chili powder and fry till all the water from the vegetables evaporate.
* Add rice and mix well. Splash soy sauce and fish sauce.
* Stir-fry rice till everything is mixed well.
* Garnish with spring onions and cilantro leaves.
* Serve hot.

9 comments:

chow and chatter on December 25, 2009 at 11:00 AM said...

Merry Christmas Oh I love these kind of recipe yum

Deepa G Joshi on December 26, 2009 at 12:26 AM said...

wow..i love such one meal recipes..nice :)

sangeeta on December 28, 2009 at 12:33 AM said...

i love such quick and versatile recipes ... yummy n healthy both in one go !!

Namitha on December 28, 2009 at 10:44 AM said...

Comforting meal..hope you had a wonderful X'mas :-)

Cibaria Oils on December 28, 2009 at 3:43 PM said...

Delicious! Can't wait to try this!

Mythreyi Dilip on December 28, 2009 at 5:34 PM said...

Beautiful click, should definitely please the taste buds......

Wishing you and your family a very Happy and Prosperous New Year dear!!!!!

Nadji on December 29, 2009 at 2:49 AM said...

I like your blog.
Happy New Year.

Sunitha on December 29, 2009 at 5:34 AM said...

TAhnks for sharing.. Merry christmas and a happy new year

Rosa's Yummy Yums on December 29, 2009 at 7:08 AM said...

I love to make fried rice with leftovers. Your recipe looks wonderful!

Best wishes for 2010!

Cheers,

Rosa

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Followers

Cooking Pleasures Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template