Most of the recipes made with semolina are low in calories. And the good thing about semolina is that, having no taste, it can be used to make a variety of breakfast cereals, snacks, cookies and even desserts. Semolina pancakes are packed with the goodness of various vegetables and curd. Hence, a very light snack. Any vegetables can be added which doesn't take much time in cooking. Serve these pancakes hot with tomato sauce or any sauce of your taste.
1 cup semolina
1 cup curd
1 cup water
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
1 large onion chopped
2 tomatoes chopped
1 radish grated
1/4 cabbage chopped
2-3 green chillies chopped
salt to taste
3-4 tbsp oil
* In a large bowl mix semolina, water, curd, salt and black pepper.
* Keep the batter for 1-2 hours so that semolina gets soaked.
* After few hours the consistency of the batter will thicken, add all the vegetables.
* Mix well, if required add a little water.
* In a non stick frying pan, add 1 tbsp oil. Then pour 2 large spoons of the batter giving it a round shape.
* Cook on medium heat.
* Change the sides till both sides are golden brown.