18-20 dates (seedless)
3-4 cup milk
3-4 cup sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
* Blend the dates in a blender along with sugar. ( Although I first boil the dates in
milk and then blend )
* Add milk and blend again till a smooth paste is formed.
* Take out in a bowl and add oil, mix.
* In a separate bowl mix baking soda and flour together.
* Then add flour slowly, mixing with a spoon at the same time. So that no lumps are
* If you want then you can add nuts and cherries.
* Preheat the oven at 350F
* Take a baking dish grease it with oil.
* Pour the paste in the baking dish.
* On a frying pan roast some sugar, till a brown liquid is formed.
* Pour the liquid sugar on the paste.
* Bake for 40 minutes. (Before taking out, do check by inserting a knife in the